Providence St. Joseph Health is a national, faith-based, not-for-profit health system, comprising a diverse family of organizations and driven by a belief that health care is a human right. Rooted in the founding missions of the Sisters of Providence and the Sisters of St. Joseph of Orange, we share a singular commitment to improve the health of all, especially the poor and vulnerable. From our earliest days, we’ve met new challenges by pioneering new solutions.
Where we serve
We serve in Alaska, California, Montana, New Mexico, Oregon, Texas and Washington through a family of Catholic and other mission-driven organizations, including:
- Providence Health & Services, across five western states
- St. Joseph Health, in California and Texas
- Covenant Health in West Texas
- Facey Medical Foundation in Los Angeles, CA.
- Hoag Memorial Presbyterian in Orange County, CA.
- Kadlec in Southeast Washington
- Pacific Medical Centers in Seattle, WA.
- Swedish Health Services in Seattle, WA.
Together, we are increasing access to health care and bringing quality, compassionate care to all, with a focus on those most in need.
The Sisters of Providence and the Sisters of St. Joseph of Orange brought health care and social services to the American West when it was still a rugged, untamed frontier. Now, as we face a different landscape – a changing health care environment – we draw upon their pioneering and compassionate spirit to plan for the next century of health care.